Netflix revealed its own plans in place regarding the death of Queen Elizabeth in the hit royal series, The Crown.

After the streamer announced to halt the production on its fifth season following the death of Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday afternoon, fans began to speculate how the makers will address the monarch’s death in the upcoming seasons.

It has been revealed that the show production had already planned its own version of ‘Operation London Bridge.’

The plan also includes the announcement of Queen’s death, the period of official mourning, and the details of her state funeral.

“We have our own version of Operation London Bridge,” a series insider told The New York Post. “This is particularly pertinent for if we are filming.”

Meanwhile, showrunner Peter Morgan never expressed intentions for The Crown to get so close to the modern era.

“I try to keep focused on history and not the present day,” he previously told The Hollywood Reporter. “I like to make sure there is at least a generation between the events I’m writing about and what’s going on all around me.”

The Crown is in production on its sixth season. The show’s fifth installment is slated to premiere in November, with Imelda Staunton as the queen, Dominic West as Prince Charles (now King Charles III) and Elizabeth Debicki as Princess Diana. 



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here